Ulrike Herr has broad expertise in the IP field in the areas of pharma and chemistry owing to her more than 20 years of professional experience. Her work ranges from patent drafting to worldwide prosecution up to post-grant oppositions. During her long-term practice, she has gained considerable experience in handling opposition and appeal proceedings before the EPO, in representing clients in nullity actions before the Federal Patent Court and in supporting infringement actions before the German Civil Courts. She also assists her clients with freedom to operate studies, validity opinions and risk assessments.
Ulrike Herr has particular expertise in obtaining Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) for medicinal and agrochemical products in Europe. She works with her clients on SPC filing strategies and coordinates large SPC portfolios across Europe. As a part of this work, she represents clients in SPC nullity actions and has been involved in appeals against SPC refusals in Germany, Spain and Sweden.
She has practical patent experience in pharmaceuticals (new active substances, new medical indications, formulations, combination therapies, manufacturing processes), dental materials, chemistry (materials, organic chemistry, peptides, catalysts, polymers), food chemistry (sweeteners, sweetness enhancers), medical devices (drug delivery systems, asthetic devices), biochemistry, and agrochemicals.
Ulrike Herr worked for six years as a patent counsel responsible for patent and SPC portfolios of key agrochemical products at Bayer AG and Bayer CropScience AG. Having worked for further six years as a European and German Patent Attorney in a well-known Munich based patent law firm advising major pharmaceutical and medical devices companies, she joined Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler LLP as an associate in 2010 and became a partner in 2014. Since 2019 she is a salary partner at Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler PartG mbB.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Dr. rer. nat.: Thesis in Organic Chemistry/Peptide Chemistry at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich (Research group of Prof. Steglich)
- Degree of Diplom-Chemiker: Thesis in Organic Chemistry at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich (Research group of Prof. Steglich)
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys), since 2014 Member of the Board
- VPP Association of Intellectual Property Experts
- AIPPI International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- BIO Deutschland e. V. Member of the Committee Protection Rights and Technical Contracts